Ohio AFL-CIO Workers' Compensation Manual
This page provides updates to the 2013 Ohio Workers' Compensation Manual and references to information available on the internet. The bottom of this page provides virtual appendices. Recent information about the Ohio workers' compensation system is contained on our Current News page.
Chapter 1: Overview
- Union Compensation Representatives may want to read the Industrial Commission's Resolution R04-1-01, which sets forth the standards of conduct for non-attorney representatives.
- * * *
- Governor Kasich appointed Jodie Taylor chair of the Industrial Commission. Taylor, the employer member on the Commission, became chair effective February 13, 2013. (New: March, 2013)
Chapter 2: Gathering Information
- Most of the internet sites discussed in Chapter 2 are available from the Stewart Jaffy & Associates links page.
Chapter 3: Processing the Claim
- If you need to contact someone at the BWC or Industrial
the State of Ohio has posted BWC
numbers and Industrial
Chapter 11: Medical/Disability Evaluation
- The Commission's web site includes the Medical
Chapter 12: Medical Benefits
- Our MCO Information
page provides an overview of the MCO Program
- MCO information changes frequently.
Check the BWC
website for updated MCO information:
- Find your employer's MCO through the BWC's Employer /MCO look-up.
- Find MCO prior authorization information, and MCO contact information, by downloading the MCO directory from the BWC's website.
Chapter 14: Wage Loss Compensation
- Read our summary of the rule or use our wage loss rule index to find a specific portion of the rule.
Chapter 23: Social Security
- Our Social Security
page has information similar to that
Chapter 23, broken down by topic.
Appendix A: Table of Forms
- You can find many forms on the Bureau of Workers' Compensation's forms page or the Industrial Commission's forms page.
- You can find the Commission
rules (Ohio Administrative Code Chapter
joint Commission/Bureau Rules (Ohio Administrative Code Chapter
4125) on the Industrial Commission web site.
Virtual Appendix 2: Bureau of Workers' Compensation Rules
- You can find the BWC
rules (Ohio Administrative
Code Chapter 4123) on the BWC web site.
Virtual Appendix 3: Industrial Commission Hearing Officer Manual
- You can find the Industrial Commission's Hearing
Manual on the Commission's Website.
Virtual Appendix 4: Industrial Commission Resolutions
- You can find the Industrial Commission's Resolutions on the Commission's Website.